After you have your GSA Contract, you need to start using your GSA contract to get new contracts and grow your business. You must actively respond to solicitations on eBuy, market your contract to various federal agencies, research on agencies using GSA contract for procurement. You should also maintain compliance and quarterly contract sales reporting. GSA contract is a great avenue to win new contracts and generate additional revenue stream. However it is every important to maintain your schedule and keep it up to date.
Get in touch with us today for your GSA Schedule requirements
Preparation is important, whether you want to go solo or you deploy a team to pursue GSA opportunities, preparation is important, you need to develop a strategy for your target market. You should actively respond to GSA solicitations, provide proposals and quotations. Lookout for opportunities that match your set asides (veteran owned business, women owned business, disadvantage business etc.,) You must develop a process to pursue opportunities, track them, respond with proposals and for follow ups.
After a few weeks of GSA Management, you will likely learn that the Federal Market is very similar to the commercial market in some ways, but also very different in others. Here are some insights that speak to those similarities and differences:
1) With both, the best value should win, but best price usually wins.
2) The Fed procure to solve bigger problems their objectives are part of larger strategy.
3) Government agencies must publicize their bids before procuring. Commercial businesses do not have this mandate.
4) Government acquisition process is more complex, rules oriented, transparent and provides opportunity for everyone.
5) With Fed competition is limited but mandatory, while businesses can do what they want.
6) Federal Contracting Officers are held accountable to taxpayers, while businesses do what they want.
7) Federal awards can be protested and overturned, Businesses can do what they want.